Micah and I recently watched a documentary called Food Matters. It was quite interesting in its discussion about how the foods you eat and the nutrients you receive can be your medicine. It talks about how so much of our food is nutritionally-depleted and has so many chemical additives and how we so heavily rely on pharmaceutical drugs to treat out ailments, when much of it might stem from what we are eating. It discussed how just having the right kind of diet and nutritional supplements could even help cure things like cancer. It was very informative, and definitely sold us on taking more supplements along with helping keep us on a healthier diet.
Recently through their Facebook page they posted "7 Tips To Get Pregnant Naturally" So of course I had to check that out. It talks about increasing your vitamin and mineral intake - which Micah and I both have been doing since April. It also talks about eating healthy fats like avocados, olive and olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, fresh nuts, wild caught fish, and organic eggs. Other good things to eat are foods with a good content of folic acid, and iron - things like chickpeas, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, lima beans, romaine lettuce and oranges. I think those all sound like things that I can make sure to be eating! Especially avocados and oranges, I love them! Not necessarily together though...anways, here is the link to the site, I would also highly suggest seeing Food Matters, it was very educational!
Food Matters
No comments:
Post a Comment